kadi fit

PLEASE VISIT MY NEW BLOG AT WWW.KADIFIT.COM/BLOG
I promise it's worth a look!



Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 33 {the light at the end of the tunnel}

STATUS UPDATE:

Day 33 of simplifying my life.

How many days is my journey?? However long it takes... Simplifying your life is an ongoing process that can take a lot of time. It will take constant organization and prioritization until one day it is a way of life that takes little or no effort. And you can sit back, relax and enjoy the simple things.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
This weekend my goal was to get as much moving done as possible. In case you didn't know we are downsizing from a 2400 square foot 5 year old home, to an old 1100 square foot mobile home (on the lake). We have to be moved out of our house within the next 10 days. We will live there for 6 months. The purging process has been a lot of hard work, but I believe we have been pretty successful. This weekend, I even got in some well needed R&R at my new home.

After seeing the pictures of the gorgeous view I will have at the lake, I am sure you don't feel sorry for me, nor do I feel sorry for myself. I will be able to sit back and enjoy my life with my husband and dogs. But I hope to take that habit with me wherever I may go, lakeview or not...
WHAT I'M HOPING TO LEARN:
First, that what I truly "need" is not that much. And hopefully I will be surprised how easy life is without it. Slowly but surely I will be able to live a minimalist, "Zen-type" lifestyle and be completely content.
Second, that will also help prioritize what is important in life. For example, the beautiful house I live in now has all of the amenities: 2 car garage, bonus room, large master bed and bath. Yes, I can afford to live the way I do now, but is it truly fulfilling me? Couldn't I be spending that money on things that will make a difference in my life and the lives of others? I would rather spend that money traveling the world, helping others. At least I know I will have made an impact for the good.
ADVICE FROM WHAT I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR:

Selling your house and downsizing is a HUGE step and a major life change. I am all for making big bold statements, but for some of us it may be better to start small . Here are a few tips of what I've learned so far:

1. Go through your house, room by room, closet by closet. Get rid of everything you don't truly need. Set a goal for yourself of when you would like to be done by, and MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDAR. It will probably take a couple of months. Don't overwhelm yourself, take it slow. Maybe assign 1 room per week to get through. Minimalize as much as possible. Be truly honest. How often do you use the item? Do you REALLY need it? Would you miss it if it were gone?

2. Sell/donate what you don't need.

3. As you live your daily life make note of the times you feel most happy and make note of it. I think you will be surprised at the simplicity of it. It could be as simple as letting a kid borrow your camera.

Being happy doesn't always require planning or extravagent things. Look at what's in front of you. It's there for a reason.
Learn how to get more done with less work. This site will change your life. www.Zenhabits.net




















No comments: